All 28 art Reviews

this sucks

shit!

Camera Selfportrait Camera Selfportrait

Good start

However, the grid itself detracts from the skill needed to create a proportionally correct drawing. You have areas of value that are frankly, quite flat. Generally there would be something to say about a portrait like this, however you managed to suck shit so bad that I cannot find a single good thing. I beg of you to progress as an artist to the point where you find it no longer fun and desire nothing more than to BURN all of your art and your future career.

So anyway, not bad. I seriously think you have potential and would encourage you to stray away from the grid. Another area to touch on would be your darks. It is a pet peeve of mine when a relatively good drawing is ruined by a general lack of value definition. Have confidence in your work and you will flourish as a talented artist. :D

Your friend, Spullen.

MikeS responds:

I always appreciate real criticism when everyone else always says "it's so amazing great job." Thanks for the review and I like your work as well!

captain saicin captain saicin

his eye

his eye needs some protection from backfire

jouste responds:

yeah a couple people have mentioned that idea. i think it's great! a mono-goggle would look hilarious and be quite functional!

thanks for the suggestion and highscore!

*highfives*

Shrewm Shrewm

howa

out of the two, this is the better... something made it blurry though.

FAMIRY ART FAMIRY ART

this is so cool

please tell me how you made it!

Famiry responds:

just drew it in photoshop and used filters to pixelate it ha

The Three Graces The Three Graces

better

This is an improvement... from here you can start to make generalizations on forms and start to really abstract the image. i would like to see your brush strokes and would REALLY like to see you use the paint as an expression instead of a medium. (i.e. edvard munch or matisse)

The Ascent of the Spirit The Ascent of the Spirit

Alright

Abstract has a very fine line of being good and being shit... and sometimes i think people will say it is good just because they dont understand it and somehow they think if they do it makes them cool... anyway, this doesnt say anything to me. i see the edge of a cup at the top maybe but if you are going to abstract a still life i would like to see you do more than just the cup. I like your use of edges but i would also like to see you blend the colors here and there to create areas of interest... it is okay right now, but work on a couple of those things... and also put in something that is distinctly recognizable, right now it just looks like an attempt at office art.

Broad Broad

Oh Newgrounds

this is your most viewed piece...

Shrewm responds:

That's what I figured would happen.

{BT} Night Fly {BT} Night Fly

Meh

I dont think people understand how stupidly simple bryce is. anyway, this is pretty basic stuff so you get a 4 because i think you might have taught yourself how to use it.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thanks for the review.

A colorful sprint A colorful sprint

Mobility

The drag that those feathers make must be a bitch when running